Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Best of DC: Pizza

A-lo's picks:
  1. Pizzeria Paradiso - I don't care what the naysayers scream—this place is still the best.
  2. 2 Amy's - A different style than Paradiso, but a far more comprehensive menu.
  3. Pupatella - A pizza cart run by a cute couple in Ballston. Simple, cheap, and good enough.
Yet to try: Moroni Bros (forged in the Paradiso kitchens!), Posto (had some pasta but no pizza), Comet Ping Pong (I know, I need to get over there)

I tried Pete's Apizza once, and I can't say I'm eager to rush back. I'll give it another shot eventually.


Sir Noshalot champions:
  1. Pete's Apizza - A-lo's on crack. This isn't exactly New Haven style, but it may be better, sitting very comfortably somewhere between generic pizza and the froofy kind.
  2. Pizzeria Paradiso - I could eat an Atomica every day of the week.
  3. Comet Ping Pong - Great crust, great toppings, great ideas, great space. If it were on the Metro, I'd actually think about going now and then.
  4. A trip to Providence, RI for the deliciousness that is Al Forno

2 comments:

  1. Can you give a review for Vace's take out in Cleveland Park?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Helaine! Vace's pizza is quite nice and reasonably priced! I'd also recommend to avoid 2 Amy's calzones but definitely go for their daily specials!

    ReplyDelete